What are Self Management Programmes?
Self management programmes (SMPs) are available for adults living with a long-term health condition, anxiety and/or depression, or for those in a caring role. SMPs aim to improve your quality of life by giving you confidence, skills and information to help manage your long-term condition or caring role better on a daily basis.
The programmes are FREE and run for 2.5 hours, once a week for six weeks.
Dudley Mind’s Self Management Programmes run all year round at The Carlisle Centre, Stourbridge, DY8 1SP. Each course takes place once a week, for 6 weeks and is tutored by trained volunteers who themselves are living with a long term health condition.
- Getting a good nights sleep
- Coping with difficult emotions/depression
- Relaxation techniques and exercise
- Healthy eating
- Communicating with friends and family and health professionals
- Dealing with pain and extreme tiredness
By taking part in a programme you will:
- Learn new skills to manage your health condition
- Develop confidence in the daily management of your specific condition
- Meet others and share similar experiences
- Learn how to develop more effective relationships with healthcare professionals
If you are interested in taking part in one of Dudley Mind’s Self Management Programmes please contact Simon at the Dudley Mind Head Office on 01384 442938 or by email email@example.com.
Dudley Mind’s next available Self Management course will be starting on Tuesday the 19th of September 2017 at the Carlisle Centre, Stourbridge, DY8 1SP, 10:30 – 1:00pm.
For more information about the Self Management Programme please visit the Self Management Programme website here.