Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity Training
MHASPA – Mental Health Awareness for Sport and Physical Activity
Dudley Mind are able to deliver Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity workshops to sports providers and their staff within the West Midlands area.
Who should attend Mental health awareness for sport and physical activity?
Our three-hour workshop was developed with support from sports coach UK, and is designed for coaches, sport administrators, volunteers, samaritans and front of house staff.
We’ve listened to people living with mental health problems and people working in the sport and physical activity sectors to create a practical workshop that will help you:
- Understand common misconceptions about mental health and the impact of stigma and discrimination
- Identify the positive impact that being active has on physical and mental health
- Appreciate the barriers that stop people getting active
- Talk confidently about mental health
- Know where to signpost people to if they need support
- Identify practical actions to make your service more accessible for everyone
- No prior knowledge of mental health is necessary
- Three-hour workshop
- Can be delivered in-house at the location of your choice
- Up to 20 delegates can attend
- £325-£425 depending on location
Are you interested in booking a MHASPA workshop with us? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.