Mental Health First Aid – West Midlands Region
Dudley Mind are able to deliver Mental Health First Aid courses to organisations based in the West Midlands region.
We use fully accredited MHFA trainers who all have several years of experience successfully delivering Mental Health First Aid courses to businesses, law firms, schools and colleges all across the country.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid is a training program that teaches members of the public how to help a person developing a mental health problem (including a substance use problem), experiencing a worsening of an existing mental health problem or in a mental health crisis. Like traditional first aid, Mental Health First Aid does not teach people to treat or diagnose mental health or substance use conditions. Instead, the training teaches people how to offer initial support until appropriate professional help is received or until the crisis resolves.
There are two different types of MHFA courses that we can deliver for your organisation
Workplace MHFA Half Day
Our half day course is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Insight into the two day course and the benefits of becoming a Mental Health First Aider
We limit numbers to 25 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Workplace MHFA Two Day
Our two day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider. Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Everyone who completes the course gets an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it, and a certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider.
You can learn more about Workplace Mental Health First Aid and how it can improve your workplace here
Dudley Mind also provide other types of mental health training which can be tailored to your business needs. Please visit the Mental Health Training & Workplace Wellbeing section of our website for more information.
For more information on our MHFA courses and how we can help your organisation please contact Mark Evans on 01384 442938 or email email@example.com
Alternatively you can fill out the form below and we will be in touch with you soon.