Peer Support Groups
Our peer support groups offer a safe place to meet with others who have had similar experiences.
Each group runs slightly differently, as decided by the group members. Some groups prefer just to chat whilst others like to plan activities or discuss particular topics but all groups agree ground rules about how they want their group to be for example, keeping personal information private.
All groups extend a warm welcome to new members and you can expect them to be non-judgmental because they have had similar experiences.
We recognise that everybody’s needs and situations are different so we like to speak to you before you join one of the groups to check it’s what you are looking for and to give you the chance to ask any questions you might have.
What are the benefits of Peer Support groups?
- Mutual support in a non-judgemental setting, whereconfidentiality is respected.
- An opportunity to talk with other people who have ‘been there’, and willing to share their lived experiences of mental healthdifficulties.
- An opportunity to give as well as receive emotional support.
- Swapping experiences and learning new ways to deal with problems.
- Gaining inspiration from others and learning from their recovery journeys.
- Sharing information about mental health issues and local provision.
- Taking a more active role in health, wellbeing and recovery.
- Reduction in social isolation.
- An increase in social opportunities/social circle.
- Developing new skills.
- A sense of being in more control of one’s own recovery.
- Increased self-esteem and self-confidence
Please click the links below to find out more about the peer support groups we have available
New Peer Support Group proposal
We are always open to hearing other peoples thoughts and ideas about any potential new peer support groups. Do you have any ideas for new groups we could try? Or maybe you would like to help run one with us? Let us know by clicking the link below.
Please contact Tim at the Dudley Mind Head Office on 01384 442938 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can fill out the form below.