Red Door Wellbeing Project
Working in Kidderminster (as Wyre Forest Mind) we arepartnering with the New Meeting House.
This is an historic Unitarian Church in the centre of the town.
They hold a weekly srop-in session (the Red Door Café) for peopleexperiencing difficulties in the local area. Working with them from this monthwe will be:
- Training staff and volunteers from the church and other local organisations in mental health awareness and Mental Health First Aid
- Ensuring the drop-in can assist people who have mental health problems
- Augmenting the drop-in with a second session each week
- Developing self-management courses for local people who have mental health problems
- Developing peer support groups in the Wyre Forest area
This work is funded for 2 years from a legacy donated for use in Worcestershire.
For more information please contact Nagheena on 01384 442938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org