1 in 4 of us will experience some kind of mental health distress in our lifetime.
We need more people who understand and are willing to support others who are struggling with mental health distress. If you are looking at this page then it is likely that you want to help. So thank you for considering us as your help will make a big difference. Your time and expertise is greatly appreciated.
What’s in it for you?
As a volunteer you could:
- Meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
- Learn more about mental health and what helps us all to stay well
- Use your talents and discover new ones
- Develop new skills that you can add to your CV
- Gain support from a friendly team to help you carry out your role
- Grow in confidence and improve your communication skills
We have opportunities for volunteers in the following areas.
- Recovery activities
- Fundraising and events
- Get Set to Go – encouraging people to use sport and physical activities
If you are interested in volunteering for us then please read the role description and complete the application form below and return it to us. If we don’t have any opportunities at the moment we will let you know.
If we do have opportunities we will meet with you to talk about the specific roles available. We will also discuss how your skills, knowledge and experience match the role you want.
If you are still interested and we feel you can fulfil the role we will contact your referees and organise a DBS check for you.
We have opportunities in the evenings, at weekends and weekdays so we try to be flexible and accommodate your availability but we do encourage a regular time commitment.