Category: News & Written by Simon On November-04-2019 16:25:08
Peerfest 2019 - 3rd December 11am-7pm at West Bromwich Albion Football Club
Peerfest is Mind's national annual celebration of all things peer support, bringing peers from across the country together for networking, to share their knowledge and best practices through workshops, creative activities, debate and The Marsh Award
This years Peerfest will be held at West Bromwich Albion Football Club, who are also our designated football club as part of Mind's EFL partnership.
Our very own Peer Support Coordinator Tim will be attending Peerfest on behalf of Dudley Mind to share his own knowledge and experiences in facilitating several of our own peer support groups. You can find more information about our peer support services on our website here
What is happening on the day?
We've spent 6 months working together with peer-led groups to make sure Peerfest19 is set to give a nod back to its roots - lively, loud and fun!
In the PeerFest Zones you can join the Pitchees (Peers who pitched an idea at PitchFest) and:
- Listen and talk about ‘Engaging BAME Communities in Peer Support’ with Shining Stars
- Attend the ‘Poetry writing and performance workshop’ with Survivors Poetry
- Learn, share experiences and take away tips from the ‘Social Media and Online Peer Support’ workshop by FFWA Productions
- 'Get Moving with Bollywood Dance!’ or have a go at Calligraphy Meditation, Reiki, Mindfulness and Yoga with Harrowcare Plus
- Visit the ‘Mental Health Peer’s Art Exhibition’ organised by DWD Events
- Join in ‘Singing Together for Mental Wellbeing’ the IDMC Gospel Choir
- Get a feel of using online platforms for peer support with Bipolar UK
Plus we’ll be launching Mind’s Maternal Mental Health Peer Support Principles at a workshop conducted by the mums with lived experience who facilitated this project.
And you will find out who the Mental Health Peer Support Marsh Award
Interested in coming along to Peerfest 2019? register here
for your free ticket.