Mental Health First Aid Open Courses
Mental Health First Aid Open Courses – For organisations & individuals
On this page you will find a list of all of our upcoming Mental Health First Aid open courses which are open to organisations and individuals who would like to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health.
MHFA Half Day Courses
The MHFA Half Day course is an introductory 4 hour session which aims to raise mental health awareness.
What the Half Day Course covers
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or may be experiencing a mental health issue
MHFA 2 Day Course
The MHFA 2 Day Course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aiders have
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the the triggers and signs of of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
All of our open MHFA courses are open to anyone, whether you are from an organisation or an individual who would like to attend on your own.
If you would like know more about prices or how to book a place please contact Simon on 01384 442938 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can complete the form below and we will be in touch with you soon.
Dudley Mind also provide mental health training to organisations in the West Midlands region. For more information please visit our Mental Health Training & Workplace Wellbeing page.