Self Management Programme
What is the Self Management Programme?
Self management programmes (SMPs) are available for adults living within the Dudley area with a long-term physical or mental health condition including anxiety and/or depression, or for those in a caring role. SMPs aim to improve your quality of life by giving you confidence, skills and information to help manage your long-term condition or caring role better on a daily basis.
Please note that in order to be able to take part in a Self Management Programme you must live or work within the Dudley area and/or have a Dudley based GP.
The programmes are FREE and run for 2.5 hours, once a week for six weeks.
Each course takes place once a week, for 6 weeks and is tutored by trained volunteers who themselves are living with a long term health condition.
Watch the video below to see what two of our SMP tutors have to say about the programme and why they decided to become tutors after taking part in it themselves.
- Getting a good nights sleep
- Coping with difficult emotions/depression
- Relaxation techniques and exercise
- Healthy eating
- Communicating with friends and family and health professionals
- Dealing with pain and extreme tiredness
By taking part in a self management programme you will:
- Learn new skills to manage your health condition
- Develop confidence in the daily management of your specific condition
- Meet others and share similar experiences
- Learn how to develop more effective relationships with healthcare professionals
The video below is of a previous group of participants, who after taking part in the programme still meet up on a regular basis to help support each other.
If you are interested in taking part in one of Dudley Mind’s Self Management Programmes please contact Simon at Dudley Mind on 01384 442938 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
221 Hagley Road
Stourbridge, DY8 2JP