Get involved with Dudley Mind
As a small independent charity, Dudley Mind relies on local support to help to provide its services to those in need. You can help to support the charity in a number of ways. One way is through volunteering.
1 in 4 of us will experience some kind of mental health distress in our lifetime.
We need more people who understand and are willing to support others who are struggling with mental health distress. If you are looking at this page then it is likely that you want to help. So thank you for considering us as your help will make a big difference. Your time and expertise is greatly appreciated.
What’s in it for you?
As a volunteer you could:
- Meet people from all walks of life and make new friends
- Learn more about mental health and what helps us all to stay well
- Use your talents and discover new ones
- Develop new skills that you can add to your CV
- Gain support from a friendly team to help you carry out your role
- Grow in confidence and improve your communication skills
We have opportunities for volunteers in the following areas.
- Peer Support
- Fundraising and events
If you are interested in volunteering for us then please read the role description and complete the application form below and return it to us. If we don’t have any opportunities at the moment we will let you know.
If we do have opportunities we will meet with you to talk about the specific roles available. We will also discuss how your skills, knowledge and experience match the role you want.
If you are still interested and we feel you can fulfil the role we will contact your referees and organise a DBS check for you.
We have opportunities in the evenings, at weekends and weekdays so we try to be flexible and accommodate your availability but we do encourage a regular time commitment.
If you would like to volunteer for us please download our Volunteer Application Form and return it to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dudley Mind, 221 Hagley Road, Stourbridge, DY8 1SP.
Work for us
As well as the opportunity to work for a small charity that values it’s staff, you will also enjoy benefits that include:
- Competitive Salary Annual Leave Allowance of 25 days, rising to 28 days, (plus statutory bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Health care scheme for you and dependents including reimbursement for eye test
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free confidential 24 hour telephone advice line
We would warmly welcome any new members, if you would like to join the group please contact Tim at Dudley Mind on 01384 442938 or by email at email@example.com.
We also encourage the training and development of our staff:
- Comprehensive Induction Scheme
- Mandatory Training Programme
- Support to obtain vocational and professional qualifications relevant to role
- Travel and subsistence payments – if applicable
- Payment of professional fees – if applicable
- Funding for external training courses relevant to role
- Appraisal and personal development plan
- Regular support and supervision A commitment to professional development and life long learning
Download one of our Volunteer Application Forms and return it to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Dudley Mind, 221 Hagley road, Stourbridge, Dudley, DY8 2JP.
221 Hagley Road
Stourbridge, DY8 2JP